Are you tough enough to “escape extinction”? Find out as you test your balance, strength, stamina and mental perseverance while confronting up to 42 obstacles along an approx. 2 mile course, including 21 Ninja Warrior style obstacles. Representing challenges encountered by endangered animal species, these obstacles are not for the faint of heart.
This is not a race and will not be timed; your goal is to “escape extinction” by conquering obstacles. Contestants receive points for completing obstacles with varying levels of difficulty and their “survival success” will be determined by measuring their points accumulated utilizing the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) Red List of Threatened Species’ nine categories which are used for classifying species at high risk of global extinction: Not Evaluated, Data Deficient, Extinct, Extinct in the Wild, Critically Endangered, Endangered, Vulnerable, Near Threatened, and Least Concern."
Contestants who complete all obstacles successfully will earn the title "Unlikely To Become Extinct In The Near Future", be remembered with a photograph on our wall of "Least Concern Champions" website page and receive free entry into their next Run Wild Ninja.
Let’s Go! It's time to get "evaluated." Gather your friends and prepare to represent your "species" to prove that you won't go extinct!
- Run Wild Ninja is for anyone 8 years and older. (participants ages 8-14 need a Ninja ticketed adult competing with them)
- Younger children should have previous obstacle experience before attempting Ninja.
- Up to 42 OCR or Ninja Warrior type obstacles of varying levels of difficulty!
- Not a timed Race - Run Wild Ninja is measured on obstacle completion.
- Obstacles will close at 1:30pm and all competitors must finish by this time.
- *Participants get a free ticket to visit the zoo on race day.
Two Race Start Options
- Red Route starts with Animal Challenge 1
- Blue Route starts with Animal Challenge 7